How to filter water without plastic

How to filter water without plastic

It is an undeniable fact that every one of us seeks for pure water. Whether you’re a green liver or not you must be worrying about the quality of water you’re drinking and wondering if that water is adequately filtered.

As water is getting contaminated and plastic usage is getting higher, we’re aiming to understand how to filter water without plastic. There is no denying that inexpensive plastics have made many aspects of food and water distribution much more comfortable and still affecting the environment on a daily basis, but certain chemicals in plastic like Bisphenol-A (BPA) reacts with food or water and leach into it.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) made a test on a group of people and reported that over 92% of them had a high level of plastic chemicals (especially BPA) in their bodies including newborn babies!

Alert! You need to filter your water properly before it’s too late.

The good news: there is an easy way to purify water without using plastic, and by applying it you can still go zero waste!

To avoid plastic in your filtering process, you must eliminate the following options:

  • Bottled water: bottles still have dangerous plastic particles even if it for one single use
  • Brita Pitchers: despite their filtering system (the BPA-free filter), these water filters have some plastic properties, after all, why would you stop buying bottled water for a plastic filter?
  • Faucet filters: Despite being an environmental-friendly way to purify water (removing chlorine and some other contaminants), these filters leave thousands of other harmful substances in the water that it produces.

This proves that the dangerous water contaminants will not be removed unless you’re using activated carbon filtering treatments. The following, are great alternatives to natural water filters:

1.BINCHOTAN Charcoal:

Use binchotan charcoal to filter water without plastic
This is a great technique to filter water without plastic as it uses a bed of activated carbon (or charcoal). An easy way to purify your water, all you need to do is looking for a stick of black colored carbon made from oak trees, which provides a large surface area, soaking up bacteria, absorbing the maximum possible of toxins and then releasing minerals into the water.

Putting charcoal to purify water in a glassMerely place the activated charcoal in a full glass of water and void using a plastic container as you may defeat your purpose of filtering water (because the plastic leaches toxins).

Here’s additional information: activated charcoal purify your water by removing the majority of toxins: mercury, chlorine, copper, and others. Usually, it takes 90 minutes to filter the water, and one branch of charcoal may purify up to one liter of water according to WaterFilterMag(https://www.waterfiltermag.com/).

This is not all of it, BINCHOTAN charcoal is biodegradable, so you don’t have to worry about the trashes that is lefts, in other words, it is a green way to filter your water and go green!

2. Ceramic filter:

GreenLifeGo: Use ceramic filters to purify your water without plastic

 

In this method, you’re using the small pore size of ceramic material to filter dirt, debris, and bacteria out of the water. A similar approach to BINCHOTAN charcoal, this filter removes bacteria particles that get caught in the pores of the pot’s walls.  The active carbon absorbs also compounds such us chlorine, protozoa, and microbial cysts.

Ceramic filters process for water filterationCeramic pores have thick walls that act as a series of fences that eventually screen out 98% of the bacteria in the water, to kill the remaining 2%, the entire filter is painted inside and out with the solution of colloidal silver. Before the water gets through the wall, a coating of silver ensures that bacteria are removed from the water.

Some filters aren’t very useful when it comes to some Micro viruses since they are still small to leak through the cleaning side. With Ceramic filters, these tiny particles cannot leach away as it is treated with silver. The silver is set in a way that helps to kill definitely bacteria and prevent the growth of other dangerous particles such as mold.

All-in-all, the filter uses two mechanisms to purify water and kill pathogens: the size of the pores, and the silver lining which kills the bacteria before getting through the wall.

David
 

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments

Leave a Reply: